Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 189- OCD at Work: How to Keep Your Job

This blog is about a history of not being able to hold onto a job for a long period of time. The pattern consists of beginning a job with high hopes, which slowly devolve into a resentful and spiteful relationship towards the job. Normally this is accompanied by a 'giving up' within the belief that the job is too difficult, too much, too stressful,not right, not fair, or not fulfilling. 

http://www.communityjobclub.org/files/employedchalkboardXSmall.jpg


Within this blog series I am looking at the what, how, why, where and whith whom do I participate and perpetuate this pattern. I am forgiving the mufti-dimensions of this pattern and  scripting out practical steps I can take to change. This blog is continued from:

“I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to focus too much upon my strengths, exalting myself within the belief that  only I can do it right/properly/best, instead of working as part of a team, all the while, knowing within myself that I too have weaknesses which, if left unchecked, will come out and create a problem that will reflect poorly on me.”

When and as I see myself using memories and thoughts to generate a positive energy within myself, connected to  images and play-outs within which I have defined myself as having done a good job, I stop, and I breathe. I bring myself back to self-improvement by reminding myself that distracting myself within my own ego while not tending to those areas that I am having difficulty with is preventing myself from actually growing and improving within my work- thus creating the experience of doing a good job only, instead of actually learning how to do every part of the job well.

I see, realize and understand that these thoughts and memories, images and play-outs that create a positive energetic experience within and as me are but distractions triggered mostly in moment where I find myself struggling with an aspect of the job. Instead of fully looking at and facing that aspect of the job that I am struggling with, in order to determine and script practical steps to walk through the issue, I would automatically go into day-dreams and fantasies, making myself feel better instead of taking a breath and facing myself. Within this pattern, I would constantly continue to struggle with specific points within employment, never finding a way to deal with them, thus then accepting and allowing them to perpetuate, creating insecurity and a lack of confidence in my work.

I commit myself to humbly address the issues I face at work, and the points I have difficulty with, and I commit myself to look at them and script out practical methods with which to deal with them.
To be continued....
Self-Study with support, learn to respect you and others, learn how to stop mind chatter, learn how to forgive so effectively that you actually change forever, learn how to stop and change the automatic thoughts that run your life --
Sign up for the free course at this link: DIPLITE, try it for yourself .

featured Video: 'I think Therefore I Do Not Act"


No comments:

Post a Comment