Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 152- The Fear of Not Having OCD


 

This blog is continued form:



 

To clarify the title: In my previous blog I wrote about how when I stop myself from participating in the obsessive-compulsive rituals of OCD (specifically dermatillomania) I get an uncomfortability. There had been on several occasions, times where I stopped myself, and have then been overcome by this experience that I call ‘the terrible feeling, which is the experience of an all-consuming fear that I can do nothing but breathe through until it stops. What is interesting is that when I watch tv shows on addiction, I can relate the experience to the ‘withdrawal’ stage that addicts go through when they initially stop using the drug.

There are several elements here that I would be dealing with, which are as follows:  1) I am the creator of both the ‘terrible feeling’ which I would describe as an overwhelming fear, AND the OCD itself as an escape. So I would have to look into how I create the overwhelming fear in the first place, and then go into a bit more about how and why participating in OCD is seen as a release and an escape, when in reality, it merely perpetuates the entire cycle. And 2) I fear NOT participating in OCD, because I fear that if I do not do it, I will get that feeling again. Within this element, I would look at the back-chat and internal conversations I have with myself that cause me to believe that if I stop this obsessive compulsion, I will suffer. This back chat and internal conversation also justifies the participation, as well as contributes to creating the uncomfortability as a self-fulfilling prophecy by TELLING myself, if I stop, I will feel terrible, instead of actually writing out some practical applications for myself and stopping myself to see if in fact there is a reaction.

Within my next blog, I will begin by identifying and forgiving these backchats and internal conversations, in order that I may stop them and facilitate my self-change.

To be continued…
Self Study with support, learn to respect you and others, learn how to stop mind chatter, learn how to forgive so effectively that you actually change forever, learn how to stop and change the automatic thoughts that run your life --This is some of the benefits and rewards that one receive with walking the DIP LITE training -- and it is ALL FREE and will even FREE you from your EGO.
Sign up for the free course at this link: DIPLITE, try it for yourself .

No comments:

Post a Comment